JUNK CULTURE deluxe

General talk about OMD

Moderator: OMD Official

Re: JUNK CULTURE deluxe

Postby colcol » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:51 pm

dan_hunt wrote:Just found some time lengths on this site: http://www.weltbild.de/3/19992112-1/mus ... eluxe.html

This hopefully answers which versions of Tesla Girls (Extended Mix) and Julia's Song have been included on this release.

thanks dan, most helpful. "tesla girls" is obviously the UK 12" version and "julia's song" is the 7" b-side, and very nice to see that "heaven is" comes in at a healthy 6.09, can't wait...
User avatar
colcol
Major contributor
 
Posts: 2742
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:13 pm
Location: wirral and the kingdom of mercia

Re: JUNK CULTURE deluxe

Postby dan_hunt » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:25 pm

Amazon.de now has some sound bites, I just hope that haven't messed up the CD like the mistake on the sound bites. Wrappup instead of playing the Dub version, it plays the regular version of All Wrapped Up.

http://www.amazon.de/Junk-Culture-Delux ... l_1#disc_2
dan_hunt
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:38 pm

Re: JUNK CULTURE deluxe

Postby colcol » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:38 pm

dan_hunt wrote:Amazon.de now has some sound bites, I just hope that haven't messed up the CD like the mistake on the sound bites. Wrappup instead of playing the Dub version, it plays the regular version of All Wrapped Up.

http://www.amazon.de/Junk-Culture-Delux ... l_1#disc_2

much appreciated Dan, great to hear a taster of the last five tracks on the second cd.
User avatar
colcol
Major contributor
 
Posts: 2742
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:13 pm
Location: wirral and the kingdom of mercia

Re: JUNK CULTURE deluxe

Postby dan_hunt » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:53 pm

dan_hunt
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:38 pm

Re: JUNK CULTURE deluxe

Postby colcol » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:39 pm

dan_hunt wrote:Sound bites also on JPC: https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail ... um/6322906

after having listened to both links i now have a really bad feeling that they have f**ked it up...
User avatar
colcol
Major contributor
 
Posts: 2742
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:13 pm
Location: wirral and the kingdom of mercia

Re: JUNK CULTURE deluxe

Postby dan_hunt » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:12 pm

I've put the following message on the OMD facebook page:

I think there may be a mistake on the forthcoming reissue of Junk Culture. The track Wrappup on disc 2 is incorrect according to the sound bites on all of the stores listed below. Instead of playing Wrappup it plays the standard album version of All Wrapped Up. The time length listed on weltbild.de also backs this up where Wrappup should be closer to 4 minutes long and not the 4:24 listed which matches with All Wrapped Up.
Here’s the links:
https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail ... um/6322906
http://www.amazon.de/Junk-Culture-Delux ... l_1#disc_2
http://www.weltbild.de/3/19992112-1/mus ... eluxe.html

I might post a message on the Universal Music Catalogue facebook page soon to get them to check it out.

Universal have been known to mess up some releases: Level 42's Living It Up box had some tracks in mono and one of the recent Siouxsie and the Banshees reissues had some mastering glitches. Let's hope that it's only the sample that's incorrect and not the actual CDs.
dan_hunt
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:38 pm

Re: JUNK CULTURE deluxe

Postby Andrew_K » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:27 pm

Regarding the Universal screw-ups, have they later on fixed those issues and replaced the CDs, or have they just pretended that there was nothing to worry about?
User avatar
Andrew_K
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:53 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: JUNK CULTURE deluxe

Postby Mark C » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:53 pm

Good find Dan! Hope it's just the previews that are wrong.

Like the samples though, All Or Nothing sounds very interesting musically :-)
www.omd-live.com
User avatar
Mark C
Major contributor
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Haverhill

Re: JUNK CULTURE deluxe

Postby dan_hunt » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:28 am

Now on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/junk- ... d957223677

Again Wrappup is wrong and there's further mess ups:

Tesla Girls is listed at 3:36 which means its the single version not the album version
Love And Violence must be getting an earlier fade with the total time of 4:27 instead of 4:40
Talking Loud & Clear (Extended Version) has been cut down to 6:12 instead of 8:53
dan_hunt
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:38 pm

Re: JUNK CULTURE deluxe

Postby colcol » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:02 am

dan_hunt wrote:Now on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/junk- ... d957223677

Again Wrappup is wrong and there's further mess ups:

Tesla Girls is listed at 3:36 which means its the single version not the album version
Love And Violence must be getting an earlier fade with the total time of 4:27 instead of 4:40
Talking Loud & Clear (Extended Version) has been cut down to 6:12 instead of 8:53

just got worse...
User avatar
colcol
Major contributor
 
Posts: 2742
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:13 pm
Location: wirral and the kingdom of mercia

Re: JUNK CULTURE deluxe

Postby abc123 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:16 am

dan_hunt wrote:Tesla Girls is listed at 3:36 which means its the single version not the album version


No, no, no!
I am most curious about the unreleased tracks and demos, but I would not call it a "deluxe remaster" with all those mistakes!
I'm dancing like a windmill
In my own world, that's how i feel
And it goes round and round, round and round and around.

http://www.bonordin.se/
User avatar
abc123
Major contributor
 
Posts: 1214
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:12 am
Location: Sweden

Re: JUNK CULTURE deluxe

Postby colcol » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:22 am

abc123 wrote:
dan_hunt wrote:Tesla Girls is listed at 3:36 which means its the single version not the album version


No, no, no!
I am most curious about the unreleased tracks and demos, but I would not call it a "deluxe remaster" with all those mistakes!

nor would i...
User avatar
colcol
Major contributor
 
Posts: 2742
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:13 pm
Location: wirral and the kingdom of mercia

Re: JUNK CULTURE deluxe

Postby moni » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:34 pm

It looks like they have cut the first part from the Talking Loud & Clear (Extended Version) also as dan said every sound clip is playing the normal version of All Wrapped Up on disc 2. For some weird reason they have put the album version of Tesla Girls on disc 2 and what looks like a radio edit on disc 1. I am seriously considering cancelling my preorder at Amazon even more so when it's costing £14.99. Does nobody check these before they go out for release it's shocking.
moni
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:59 am
Location: Scotland

Re: JUNK CULTURE deluxe

Postby colcol » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:48 pm

moni wrote:It looks like they have cut the first part from the Talking Loud & Clear (Extended Version) also as dan said every sound clip is playing the normal version of All Wrapped Up on disc 2. For some weird reason they have put the album version of Tesla Girls on disc 2 and what looks like a radio edit on disc 1. I am seriously considering cancelling my preorder at Amazon even more so when it's costing £14.99. Does nobody check these before they go out for release it's shocking.

i'm on pre-order at amazon too Moni, totally agree with all the points you've made, not sure what to do now. i want it, but not if they've screwed it up...
User avatar
colcol
Major contributor
 
Posts: 2742
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:13 pm
Location: wirral and the kingdom of mercia

Re: JUNK CULTURE deluxe

Postby dan_hunt » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:52 pm

moni wrote: For some weird reason they have put the album version of Tesla Girls on disc 2 and what looks like a radio edit on disc 1.


The version of Tesla Girls on disc 2 is not the album version that would be about 3:51. I think the version of disc 2 is the original UK Extended Version (not to be confused with the Extended Version on the So80's Presents OMD which was an unreleased mix which was similar to one of the USA 12" mixes).
dan_hunt
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:38 pm

PreviousNext

Return to OMD General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests