JUNK CULTURE deluxe

General talk about OMD

Moderator: OMD Official

Re: JUNK CULTURE deluxe

Postby dan_hunt » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:33 am

The tracklisting and artwork has now appeared on amazon. Whether it is the final tracklisting, I don’t know, but a few key tracks that fans were hoping for are missing. Hopefully the group will announce and confirm an official tracklist and release date soon.
dan_hunt

Postby djpamm30 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:54 am

dan_hunt wrote:The tracklisting and artwork has now appeared on amazon. Whether it is the final tracklisting, I don’t know, but a few key tracks that fans were hoping for are missing. Hopefully the group will announce and confirm an official tracklist and release date soon.

thank you for sharing Dan_hunt.I gonna look later for the tracklist.And I defenitely ask this for my birthday at my husband.I know I alway get my birthday presents late from him,even if they don't are OMD.
:)
djpamm30
Major contributor

Postby OMD Official » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:27 pm

We have officially announced the reissue today. More details here: http://www.omd.uk.com/story/junk_culture_reissue
OMD Official
Site Admin

Postby djpamm30 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:41 pm

OMD Official wrote:We have official announced the reissue today. More details here: http://www.omd.uk.com/story/junk_culture_reissue

thanks for the info.passed it to my husband and he pre ordered already for my birthday.I'll have to be patient..... it will come 6 weeks after my birthday
djpamm30
Major contributor

Postby colcol » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:43 pm

no picture-disc version of "never turn away" or the live "telegraph", slightly disappointed, but otherwise very happy...
colcol
Major contributor

Postby Andrew_K » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:57 pm

I'm very very hyped for the release. Looking forward to it, gonna pre-order soon.

Incidentally, does anyone know if there's a place where one could hear that elusive picture disc version of Never Turn Away? I only heard the extended mix, and the album mix, naturally... You got me all curious as to what that one sounded like...
Andrew_K

Postby bobbillbull » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:00 pm

I'm would like to think This might be available on vynal or am I living in a different world?
bobbillbull

Postby Mark C » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:00 pm

Andrew_K wrote:I'm very very hyped for the release. Looking forward to it, gonna pre-order soon.

Incidentally, does anyone know if there's a place where one could hear that elusive picture disc version of Never Turn Away? I only heard the extended mix, and the album mix, naturally... You got me all curious as to what that one sounded like...

Here you go, courtesy of our own forum member BlackPaperCrown:

http://cl.ly/0R0h0H1E1w1x
www.omd-live.com
Mark C
Major contributor

Postby Mark C » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:04 pm

Very much looking forward to this, especially the 'new' tracks and demo versions. I would have loved to have the NTA picture version but there's less appeal to the casual buyer if they see endless versions of the same song. It's the same with the various versions of Tesla Girls - it would be great to have them all on CD but that's not for this release.
www.omd-live.com
Mark C
Major contributor

Postby Mark C » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:06 pm

Just noticed that 'Manoeuvres' is spelt incorrectly on the Amazon image as 'Manouvres'. Spell check anyone!?!?!
www.omd-live.com
Mark C
Major contributor

Postby colcol » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:16 pm

Mark C wrote:Just noticed that 'Manoeuvres' is spelt incorrectly on the Amazon image as 'Manouvres'. Spell check anyone!?!?!

well spotted mark, i assume the record company supplied the photo, maybe some of the actual copies will have the error...
colcol
Major contributor

Postby djpamm30 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:18 pm

Mark C wrote:Just noticed that 'Manoeuvres' is spelt incorrectly on the Amazon image as 'Manouvres'. Spell check anyone!?!?!

You noticed it right Marc.I didn't even see it,so i go to the page and checked.
djpamm30
Major contributor

Postby REVO » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:00 pm

Well, that's a pretty well-rounded DLX RM. Missing a few things but 5 new tracks added to compensate. It will be a great version of a great album. There have been times that "Junk Culture" has been a favorite of mine. I like the dark emotions of it. OMD writing angry songs like "White Trash" was very thrilling in 1984!
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
REVO

Postby andy austin » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:06 pm

Excellent news, one question, which of the 2 re recorded versions of Julia's songs will it be? The 12' 0f tlc has 2. Really looking forward to hearing them crisp and clean faster all these years... tour anyone?
It's something to do when it rains
andy austin

Postby dazzler » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:34 pm

Great tracklist... more than I ever hoped for.
Crush and The Pacific Age deserve a similar treatment.

I hope Steve Brown will write some revealing liner notes about the genesis of the album.

About Julia's Song: I guess it will be the 7" version, because it's in the b-side (first half of the) tracklist.
The 12" version = 7" version + a kind of dub remix, but I believe it would feature inbetween the other 12" versions.
We’re just waiting looking skyward as the days come down.
Someone promised there’d be answers, if we stayed around.
dazzler
Major contributor

PreviousNext

Return to OMD General Discussion