The weird things I create in my spare time.

OMD inspired artwork, videos, media, covers and other creative projects.

Moderator: OMD Official

The weird things I create in my spare time.

Postby HannahRose » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:46 pm

Hello everyone,

I've noticed that I've neglected to put anything in the OMD-Inspired Art discussion, which is weird as, you all know I have an extremely unhealthy obsession with the band, and I love drawing, so it was only a matter of time before the two came together, and I submitted something to this thread.

This particular little 'project' that I've started is extremely strange, and, as most projects of mine do, this one started out of boredom, and my mind tends to think up the most bizarre things when I get bored.
So, out of said boredom, I drew Winston, OMD's trusty TEAC 4 Track Tape Recorder as a human, it was a very sloppy drawing now that I look back on it, and I'm not too pleased with my decision to colour it in with pens..
I didn't ever think I would go back to that picture again, but pretty soon I found myself liking the design I'd thought up and drew him again, then again, slightly altering the design a little to make him look like the ACTUAL tape recorder.
Pretty soon after that, whilst on holiday in Italy I drew up an even rougher drawing of Andy's red bass guitar, dubbing her 'Fendi' as I understand it's a Fender Jazz Bass?(correct me if I'm wrong) I have since then created a different picture of it, which I'm more pleased with.

Since then I've done a few more designs, one of Martin Cooper's sax, and an ARP 2600 Emulator, I'm also going to ATTEMPT to do a drumkit, although I'm not sure how I'll design it yet..

So yes, this is my crazy project, I've attached the pictures that I've done so far, I also need to attach some more pictures in a separate post, as I'm only allowed to attach 5 pictures apparently.
I hope you all like them. :D

Hannah~
Attachments
Winnie.jpg
Probably the best picture of Winston I've done, it took ages, but I'm pleased with the result.
Winnie.jpg (38.06 KiB) Viewed 2079 times
Scan Fendi.jpg
A much better picture/painting of Andy's red bass guitar 'Fendi', I like this one a lot better than the original design.
Scan Fendi.jpg (59.86 KiB) Viewed 2079 times
Fennel scan.jpg
A very, very rough design of Martin Cooper's sax.. Who I've named 'Fennel'.. I'm not sure if he's actually named it himself buut..
Fennel scan.jpg (28.83 KiB) Viewed 2079 times
Emi.jpg
A W.I.P of an ARP 2600 Emulator I call 'EMULI.26' he's going to take a while to complete..
Emi.jpg (124.31 KiB) Viewed 2079 times
Old and bitter.
HannahRose
Major contributor

Re: The weird things I create in my spare time.

Postby HannahRose » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:54 pm

The other two pics that I wasn't able to attach in the above post~
Old and bitter.
HannahRose
Major contributor

Return to OMD-inspired Art