Which bands have you bought tickets to see in 2015?

Open discussion and debate about non-OMD topics including news, film & TV, music, sport etc.

Moderator: OMD Official

Re: Which bands have you bought tickets to see in 2015?

Postby Elevena » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:00 am

I have recently bought tickets for the following:

City City
Misterwives
Mew
Desaparacidos
I dance about ships and airplanes.
Elevena
Major contributor

Postby Gazza » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:47 pm

FFS
Spandau Ballet
Editors
ABC
Public Service Broadcasting
Simple Minds
Duran Duran
I'd write and tell you that I've burnt them all.

But you never send me your address and I've.

I've kept them anyway.
Gazza

Postby BlackPaperCrown » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:12 pm

And there is more ...
T In The Park (Saturday 11th July) predominantly for Marina And The Diamonds but also now for Other Humans who play the T-Break stage

Gentlemen Of The Road Stopover Festival (Friday and Saturday 31st July & 1st August in Aviemore) for the amazing Rachel Sermanni (the 35th time I will have seen her live), Honeyblood and the completely unmissable White. If you have not discovered White, you must seek out their song Future Pleasures via this link http://www.facebook.com/calledWHITE?fref=ts "One of the finest debuts from a Glaswegian outfit since Franz Ferdinand’s Take Me Out"

Alvvays (9th September in Glasgow) because they are always very good
Emma Stevens (11th October in Edinburgh) because it is Emma Stevens, no question about not going
The Sisters Of Mercy (12th October in Glasgow) I will need to break out my goth gear
The Proclaimers (19th December in Dundee) because it is just what you do in Scotland
Time flies but I am not yet old
BlackPaperCrown
Major contributor

Postby Gazza » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:03 pm

Just been to see Ezra Furman at a tiny dump in Middlesbrough. Hot and sweaty as it was one of the hottest nights of the year and sold out. Great live and should be visiting the bigger venues soon as he deserves it.

Just bought tickets for Future Islands at Newcastle Academy.

Watching the brilliant The War On Drugs from T in the Park on BBC I player. What a totally underrated band.
I'd write and tell you that I've burnt them all.

But you never send me your address and I've.

I've kept them anyway.
Gazza

Postby Elevena » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:45 pm

I have recently purchased a ticket to go see Desaparacidos in December. I also have a ticket for Mew in September which I fear I will have to give away. And I have a ticket for Misterwives in October.
I dance about ships and airplanes.
Elevena
Major contributor

Postby BlackPaperCrown » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:37 pm

Given it is a bit quiet here, it is time to liven it up with even more gig tickets bought

White (13th August in Edinburgh) tickets were only £5 which is an absolute bargain for Britain's Most Exciting Live Band
AWOLNATION (26th August in Glasgow) generally an unmissable band
The Holy Ghosts (27th August in Edinburgh) a great live band
Lola In Slacks (28th August in Glasgow) single launch gig. I am interested
Natalie Prass (2nd September in Edinburgh) I have never heard of her but I am intrigued
Fischer-Z (4th September in Edinburgh) do you remember them?
Stillmarillion (5th September in Bathgate) because as tribute acts go, they are superb
Oh So Quiet (6th September in Edinburgh) an experiment. I have no idea what they are like but I like the name
Paper Aeroplanes (10th September in Ayton, which is between Edinburgh and Newcastle) because they are fantastic live
The Fratellis, Fish, The Hoosiers and Fatherson (12th September in Dalkeith) yes, another festival but a cheap chance to see both Fish & The Fratellis
Nerina Pallot (17th September in London) her album launch gig. It means an expensive trip to London and back for me but worth every penny
Wolf Alice (18th September in Glasgow) I am not sure about them but I have heard good things
Gabrielle Aplin (27th September in Glasgow) I secured the last ticket and I want to see if she has re-invented herself yet
White and Other Humans (3rd October in Glasgow) a day long festival run by Tennants for new bands. My idea of heaven
The Icicle Works (17th October in Glasgow) because it is The Icicle Works
The Icicle Works (18th October in Newcastle) umm, because it is The Icicle Works
T'Pau, Nik Kershaw and Go West (19th October in Edinburgh) because 2 out of those 3 put on a good show
Bill Bailey (21st October in Glasgow) okay, not a concert but he is really talented musically
My Life Story (31st October in Brighton) their pre-tour warm-up gig in their home town. Superb
Soak (2nd November in Edinburgh) recommended to me. She is amazingly popular in the USA
Tom Baxter (5th November in Edinburgh) someone I know in Canada was crazy on him. So, time to see what the fuss is all about
MS MR (8th November in Glasgow) again, intrigued by the name
Dexters (16th November in Edinburgh) they always put on a good show
and to finish on the best ...
Marina and the Diamonds (24th November in Newcastle) because it is Marina
Marina and the Diamonds (25th November in Glasgow) this gig unsurprisingly sold out in a flash

Is that enough to be getting on with then?
BlackPaperCrown
Major contributor

Postby Sacred Heart » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:16 am

The Lucid Dream - Manchester
White Boy - Manchester
Mercury Rev - Leeds
Johnny Marr - Manchester
Buzzcocks - Manchester
Ride - Liverpool
Blossoms - Manchester
Richard Hawley - Manchester
Killing Joke - Manchester
Death Cab For Cutie - Manchester
Brix and the Extricated - Manchester
New Order -Wolverhampton/Manchester
Her Body In My Soul
Sacred Heart

Postby BlackPaperCrown » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:36 am

This gig is so exciting

KITTEN (2nd September at Notting Hill Arts Club in London)
This is KITTEN's debut UK gig, at last. Tickets are ridiculously cheap at only £4 but are also astonishingly difficult to buy. You can only purchase them using an app on your smartphone and then you have to present that phone at the door, rather than printing off your confirmation email. This is all very well when you have a smart phone. I have a phone that is rather old-fashionedly primarily a phone and does not run apps. However, I have bought my ticket thanks to using a friend's phone and I think I can take a photo of the QR code confirmation and then present that. This is a long way around to saying that I am so excited at being able to see Chloe Chaidez live in the UK, at last.

It will be a superb gig. KITTEN are such a great band and Chloe is such a great singer songwriter
BlackPaperCrown
Major contributor

Postby BlackPaperCrown » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:20 am

Hmm, a few of my gig tickets are now being sold due to clashing with other, more attractive gigs that came along later ...
Natalie Prass (2nd September, Edinburgh) because I am going to London to see KITTEN
Future Islands (9th September, Glasgow) so that I can see Alvvays in Glasgow
Future Islands (10th September, Newcastle) so that I can see Paper Aeroplanes in Ayton
The icicle Works (26th September, Liverpool) because travel and accommodation was just too expensive and I have a family gathering that day too
Rae Morris (2nd October, Glasgow) because I will see Rachel Sermanni, although Kristen Adamson and Summer Camp supported by TeenCateen are also playing the city - decisions, decisions
Rae Morris (3rd October, Edinburgh) because both White and Other Humans play a festival in Glasgow
Soak (2nd November, Edinburgh) because Zella Day plays a one-off gig in London that day. Yup, I am going
The Proclaimers (4th December) because Lissie is playing in Edinburgh that day. I see The Proclaimers later that month in Dundee but Lissie is one artists that I cannot miss

So many gigs, so little time. Anyway, here are a few more added in for good measure
Eternal Summers (13th September in Edinburgh) for interest sake
Panic Room (18th October in Edinburgh) because they are superb live
Kathryn Joseph (22nd October in Edinburgh) she is absolutely mesmerising live
Apache Darling (24th October in Glasgow) they are not headlining but they should be
Zella Day (2nd November in London) I am not missing this chance to see her live
Oh Land (9th November in Glasgow) remember them/her? I wonder what this will be like
The Stranglers/Simple Minds (1st December in Aberdeen) because it is The Stranglers
Lissie (4th December in Edinburgh) because she is amazing
Lissie (8th December in London) um, because she is amazing too
The Rezillos (27th December in Dundee) because they are so much fun live
BlackPaperCrown
Major contributor

Postby INNES » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:11 pm

I'm just starting to get a little bit excited about the three Numan shows in London...
INNES

Postby amhilde » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:04 pm

December 12 - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - Barbican, London
November 13 - The Orb - Oval Space, London

The Swede is attending the Happy Mondays show on 3 December with my (MY) boss. I am not going. Yes this is weirding me out.
"Alan Wilder isn't a saint, he's a god. Big difference"

ALAN!
[karl!]
amhilde

Postby BlackPaperCrown » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:19 pm

Time for another update. This will not be my last update of the year ...
The Prides (26th October, Ayton) a small intimate gig venue in a bar. Nice
US Girls (27th October, Glasgow) interesting, I think
Lauren Aquilina (28th October, London) I have not seen her live for a couple of years now, and I am in London anyway
Midas Fall (31st October, London) Well, why not, while I am here!
Sarah Coloso (1st November, London) she moved to London from Dundee a few years ago and I am grabbing this chance to see her live again
Brian McFadden (3rd November, London) I have even bought a VIP ticket for soundcheck and a meet and greet. I am unbelievable excited by this. Brian is a superb song/songwriter.
Siobhan Wilson (8th November, Edinburgh) because she is truly amazing
White supporting Everything Everything (12th November, Glasgow) I have not heard anything by Everything, Everything but White are unmissable
Honeyblood (13th November, Edinburgh) playing in a museum, as you do
Jesus Jones (16th November, Glasgow) They were really good last time
Le Thug and Siobhan Wilson (20th November, Stirling) as part of a festival
Jen Stevens & The Hiccups (26th November, Newcastle) for their album launch gig
Megan Washington (2nd December, London) because she is incredible
Kathryn Joseph (5th December, Stirling) astounding live
Duran Duran (6th December, Glasgow) not really my choice but I promised to take a friend. Do you think Simon will actually turn up?
Def Leppard supported by Whitesnake (8th December, Newcastle) I have never seen Whitesnake play live before
Rezillos supported by Spizzenergi (11th December, Edinburgh) What a line-up
Nerina Pallot (12th December, London) for her annual Christmas extravaganza - a full VIP ticket has been bought
White (17th December, Edinburgh) I will not stop raving about them. They are superb live
The amazing Rachelle Rhienne supported by the equally wonderful Sophie Rogers (17th December, Glasgow) I think I can squeeze this in after seeing White
Kim Wilde (18th December, London) her, becoming annual, Christmas extravaganza show
How To Swim (19th December, Glasgow) their 15th anniversary gig, reforming their original line up; some mid-career line ups and finishing off with their current line up
White (31st December, Edinburgh) Yes, my New Year's Eve is sorted. I am spending it for the very first time in Edinburgh city centre, and even better, I am seeing White

And a few changes due to, well, changes. So, I am no longer going to ...
Lucy Rose (28th October, Glasgow) because I am in London for a week seeing other gigs
Apache Darling (24th October, Glasgow) cancelled due to promoter issues
My Life Story (7th November, Aberdeen) also cancelled due to promoter issues
MS MR (8th November, Glasgow) I am seeing Siobhan Wilson instead
Oh Land (9th November, Glasgow) as I see a local artist supporting Rebecca Loebe in Edinburgh instead
The Proclaimers (19th December, Dundee) because I will see How To Swim instead

and one fix ...
My Life Story (30th October in Brighton) I had wrongly logged it as the 31st. I think I know my days of the week.

So, did I mention White enough times for you?
BlackPaperCrown
Major contributor

Postby amhilde » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:57 pm

That Whitesnake/Def Lepperd show looks amazing. So long as they play Still of the Night :P
"Alan Wilder isn't a saint, he's a god. Big difference"

ALAN!
[karl!]
amhilde

Postby JoanneBG » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:40 pm

JoanneBG wrote:Am seeing U2 in October at the o2 with Jackie. Really excited about that. Will also be at the same venue in May to see Fleetwood Mac. Can't wait.

And the Ennio Morricone show was FABULOUS! loved every minute of it. Cried all the way through Gabriel's Oboe. It was amazing. I hear it was most likely his last show in the UK (well he is 86!) and he did v well for an old un :-) He gave us three encores. Brilliant, just brilliant.

Next gig to look forward to is Paul Weller :-):-)

Since seeing Paul Weller I have seen the following:

Russell Watson at Kings Lynn Corn Exchange
Midge Ure solo at The Stables -Milton Keynes
Fleetwood Mac at the 02
Shalamar at The Apex, Bury St Edmunds
Midge Ure solo at The Apex , Bury St Edmunds
PIL at the UEA - I WON the tickets - how good was that?
From the Jam at Norwich Waterfront
The Real Thing at The Apex
The Icicle Works at Norwich Waterfront
T'Pau, Nik Kershaw and Go West at Cambridge Corn Exchange
U2 at the o2 coming up Friday

And the cream of the crop - Peter Hook and the Light at Christchurch, Macclesfield on May 18th (my birthday) to commemorate the 35th Anniversary of Ian Curtis's death. I had planned the trip Christmas 2014 and went up on May 17th meeting two JD fans I had been chatting to on Facebook. I did a tour run by Craig Gill of the Inspiral Carpets which incorporated the Hulme Bridge, Strawberry Studios, 77 Barton Street , the Labour exchange and finally Ian's grave where I left 6 red roses and a card. From there I visited a small exhibition in Macclesfield town to complete my pilgrimage. I wasn't lucky enough to get tickets when they went to sale but I put a plea on Facebook and the night before the concert someone contacted me 're a spare! So Cinderella went to the ball on her birthday and it was Magnificent!! 3 hours of back to back Joy Division on my birthday! It was wonderful and I will never forget it. My favorite ever gig! Even beating Kate Bush's Before the Dawn into second place.

U2 is the last one for me this year. Looking forward to it but can't imagine it will be better than Hooky. :-)
Go to sleep little earth, I was there at the birth, out of the cloud burst the head of the tempest

The picture you see is no portrait of me, it's too real to be shown, to someone I don't know
JoanneBG
Major contributor

Postby BlackPaperCrown » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:27 am

It seems that 2015 is pretty much full, but not completely full. I have managed to squeeze in one very special gig into a wee gap.
Kim Wilde (13th December, Knebworth) I am in the vicinity the night before for the Nerina Pallot gig so I will take a trip up to Knebworth House for Kim's 3pm matinee performance. Look here for more information if you fancy it too
http://www.knebworthhouse.com/event/chr ... orth-house as her main performances on Saturday and Sunday nights are both sold out.

And still more changes. One is quite interesting!
Dexters (16th November, Edinburgh) because I see Jesus Jones in Glasgow instead.
Oh Land (9th November, Glasgow) luckily cancelled as I had a ticket but decided to go to another gig in Edinburgh. It seems she has things to do in the USA, so the official announcement says but, in reality, she is heavily pregnant (how on earth did that creep up on her?) and I suspect she will not be allowed to fly that late back to have her baby in the USA rather than having it in the UK and thus making it British ...
BlackPaperCrown
Major contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion