For all you vinyl lovers

Open discussion and debate about non-OMD topics including news, film & TV, music, sport etc.

Moderator: OMD Official

Re: For all you vinyl lovers

Postby BlackPaperCrown » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:19 pm

You know me and my total adoration of anything Colourbox. Well, even this does not tempt me, not least at £20, but some of you out there might like to buy the double vinyl LP
Time flies but I am not yet old
BlackPaperCrown
Major contributor

Postby BlackPaperCrown » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:37 pm

It had to happen - Ultravox are seeing two of their albums, Lament and Return To Eden, re-issued and issued for the first time (respectively) on vinyl. As expected, limited edition clear versions too. See it all here -> Ultravox.

They are to be available in much more useful CD format, if you fancy that instead
BlackPaperCrown
Major contributor

Postby BlackPaperCrown » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:55 am

I guess given the band are now defunct; well, until Billy Currie has a change of heart; the best Ultravox can do is re-issue old material. This time it is the turn of the 12" mixes and I think they have gathered together as much as they can find in the bottom of the dusty archives across the world.

Have a look here -> Ultravox Extended - The 12" Remix Collection.

There are some rare US mixes in there, never before released on CD. Hah, ironically they will have been on vinyl before. Oh, that makes me laugh. Anyway, I wonder if that means they were remixed in the US or mixed for the US market? No matter.

Anyway, this is of course out as a totally unnecessary 4 LP vinyl box set with a white 7 inch extra release of two remixes of Brilliant, just in case you needed an incentive to buy even more overly heavy plastic to use to clog up your attic. The cheapest is £55 and you can top it up with t-shirts and artwork and a whole load of stuff like that. You can buy everything for £100. Um, no thanks.

Alternatively the much more accessible two CD set is £13 and they supply an instant download to the 7" Brilliant remixes. That works for me, thank you
BlackPaperCrown
Major contributor

Postby REVO » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:38 pm

BlackPaperCrown wrote:It had to happen - Ultravox are seeing two of their albums, Lament and Return To Eden, re-issued and issued for the first time (respectively) on vinyl. As expected, limited edition clear versions too. See it all here -> Ultravox.

They are to be available in much more useful CD format, if you fancy that instead

This turned out to be good news for me. I have all I want from the 2009 "Definitive Editions" with 2xCDs in a "O" card ["Vienna" through "Monument," I'm not ever buying "UVOX" again!], but I wasn't able to get the 2xCD version of "Lament." I was recently shopping in Amoeba Hollywood and came across the digipack "Lament" reissue. It was super nice with the thermographic gloss on flat black printing; just like the ltd. ed. 1984 LP, which I have. The thing that I still need was the UK die-cut "Lament" LP.

Originally, in 1984, I bought the album as a UK import and it had a cover similar to "Architecture + Morality;" a die cut window on the cover showing the Callanish standing stone photo on the inner sleeve through the cover. I stupidly got rid of this when I bought the first UK CD in 1985 and can now find no evidence of this particular pressing on the web at all. Did I imagine it?

Also, I bought another copy of the "Return To Eden" 2xCD+DVD as a birthday present for a friend. So 'hurrah' for these reissues. I had thought about buying him one in 2010 but waited too long before acting, and they decoupled the release.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
REVO

Postby BlackPaperCrown » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:50 pm

Yay, yet another version of the debut album to have on vinyl, plus the other three https://store.omd.uk.com/
BlackPaperCrown
Major contributor

Previous

Return to Open Discussion