Rewind 2016 line up

Open discussion and debate about non-OMD topics including news, film & TV, music, sport etc.

Moderator: OMD Official

Rewind 2016 line up

Postby BlackPaperCrown » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:27 pm

All three locations have had their line-ups announced. I feel it is a rather poor collection this year. See for yourself here http://www.rewindfestival.com/

The shining star should have been the BEF outing but even then their chosen singers are second rate. The festival is re-hashing a vast quantity of the old favourites, including ABC, Tony Hadley, Holly Johnston, Go West, Adam Ant, Toyah – all will be playing the same old same old set. And they really are running out of newbies of any quality to bring into the fold (Stray Cats, Living In A Box and even Leo Sayer – come on!)

There are subtle variations between the Scotland line-up and the ones for the North and South but they are all really much of a muchness.

One point to note is the gap on Sunday’s line-up for Scotland. That was to have been Black …
Time flies but I am not yet old
BlackPaperCrown
Major contributor

Re: Rewind 2016 line up

Postby suec » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:58 pm

Shall be there on the sat/south purely for Andy bell X
suec

Postby REVO » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:05 pm

BlackPaperCrown wrote:The shining star should have been the BEF outing but even then their chosen singers are second rate.

I take umbrage at your aspersions, sir. Glenn Gregory and Thomas Dolby are in a class all their own. I would give my eyeteeth to see Landscape perform anything from their "Tearooms Of Mars To The Hellholes of Uranus" album. For me, the jewel in the crown is the appearance of Mari Wilson, who really should have been working with B.E.F. on their first "Music of Quality + Distinction" album in 1982. Imagine her and not Paula Yates singing "These Boots Were Made For Walking!" Her new album, "Pop Deluxe" sounds like it will hit the B.E.F. mark with electronic, contemporary versions of the Cilla Black/Dusty Springfield/Petula Clark songbook. As far as I'm concerned, this was meant to be. Now Peter Hooten and Jaki Graham? I don't know them. You may have a point there.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
REVO

Postby BlackPaperCrown » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:05 pm

REVO wrote:I take umbrage at your aspersions, sir. Glenn Gregory and Thomas Dolby are in a class all their own.
I always assume that Glenn Gregory is given with any BEF concert and he is an absolute delight to hear in any context. I am not sure what Thomas Dolby wiil be singing, unless he is lined up for MoQ&D volume 4. As for the rest of them ... well, I am sure Martin knows what he is doing
Time flies but I am not yet old
BlackPaperCrown
Major contributor

Return to Open Discussion