The end of Ultravox

Open discussion and debate about non-OMD topics including news, film & TV, music, sport etc.

Moderator: OMD Official

The end of Ultravox

Postby BlackPaperCrown » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:45 pm

Billy Currie has stated that Ultravox are over. Read it here
Hi People,
Hope you are all good!
Re Ultravox :-
When we reformed in 2008 we discussed & agreed that it would be a one off. We finished our last gig in 2013 which was a support slot for Simple Minds. We then went our separate ways again. Warren, Chris or Midge have not been in touch since then and I have not been in touch with them.

That's it! Done! Finished!!!!!

I joined in 1973. It has been a very big part of my life!
Sometimes you just have to draw a line under things otherwise they can become a pain. I don't want that to happen. I had some fantastically creative and happy times in Ultravox.
B

Ultravox were and still are my most favourite band from the 80s. I have seen them live 11 times and each time I loved it. That is my lasting memory. I will not hold out any hope that "That's it! Done! Finished!!!!!" really means "until the next time we reform".

I wonder what you would all think if it were OMD that were finished ...
Time flies but I am not yet old
BlackPaperCrown
Major contributor

Re: The end of Ultravox

Postby REVO » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:39 pm

Billy sure seems to be bi-polar, judging from his public outbursts. As for Ultravox, they were a favorite but I never got to see them, living in the American South. After "Brilliant" I am relieved that they haven't carried on, frankly! It's my least favorite reunion project album. By far.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
REVO

Postby BlackPaperCrown » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:30 pm

REVO wrote:It's my least favorite reunion project album. By far.
we are all different. It is my favourite. I saw them 11 times live; 33 years between the first and the last
Time flies but I am not yet old
BlackPaperCrown
Major contributor

Postby feline1 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:49 pm

REVO wrote:Billy sure seems to be bi-polar, judging from his public outbursts. .

I always assumed he was just drunk ;)
feline1

Postby skippy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:14 pm

Tis always a shame for those in a band which has been such a big part of your life as wellas for the fans when the split is final. I remember being sad & disappointed when OMD split up the first time - I was convinced they'd never get back together - how wrong was I?!!! That said when they decide to hang up their synths I'll be grateful for all the extra years I've had the opportunity to see them & enjoy the two (hopefully to be 3 or more ;-))new albums as well as the opportunity to chat & meet new people who also like this band with a rather strange name.
skippy
Major contributor

Postby JoanneBG » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:35 pm

I hope it is not the end for them. They are AWESOME live. I have seen them twice and met Midge twice. he's a lovely chap
Go to sleep little earth, I was there at the birth, out of the cloud burst the head of the tempest

The picture you see is no portrait of me, it's too real to be shown, to someone I don't know
JoanneBG
Major contributor

Return to Open Discussion