England votes the UK out of Europe

Open discussion and debate about non-OMD topics including news, film & TV, music, sport etc.

Moderator: OMD Official

England votes the UK out of Europe

Postby BlackPaperCrown » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:57 am

Today sees the result declared that takes the whole of the UK out of the European Union. It was clear that both Scotland and Northern Ireland did not want this but England & Wales did and they have won.

I look forward to my home country of Scotland becoming independent and re-join the EU on its own. I wish the best for Northern Ireland who will look to merge with Eire and so remain within the EU.

As for the monarchy, the present Queen will reign over the susequently reduced England & Wales but I think we should ask The Princess Royal to become Queen Anne of Scotland. She will do a mighty fine job.

Anyone who wishes is welcome to relocate to our fine country before they need a visa and a green card to be here.

England has made the biggest mistake of its life. You will regret it
(edited: to correct my English - hmm, the paradox)
Last edited by BlackPaperCrown on Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time flies but I am not yet old
BlackPaperCrown
Major contributor

Re: England votes the UK out of Europe

Postby Mark C » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:31 am

I live in the east of England and voted to remain. I was surprised to hear the result this morning.

I am not very politically minded, or at least I thought I wasn't, until recent weeks. I find it hard to believe most things that politicians say - one side state a 'fact' before the other shoots it down as lies or incorrect. As an individual, how am I supposed to know who is telling the truth?

I looked at my own personal circumstances before deciding to vote. Things like job security, my finances, family life, etc and reached the conclusion that I personally would not want to risk a step into the unknown.

So what happens from here? I think the EU as we know it will become less powerful as I believe other nations have been watching to see what happens to the UK first before holding their own referendum.
www.omd-live.com
Mark C
Major contributor

Postby Gazza » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:05 pm

Just go back today from Florida so missed all the run up to the vote.

I voted by proxy to remain but from what I can gather it turned into a personal battle, winner takes all fight for power and they overplayed the bigoted racist immigration card rather than what is right and fair for this country.

Fact is I genuinely believe it has and will do real harm to this country and what sort of future it will leave my kids.
I'd write and tell you that I've burnt them all.

But you never send me your address and I've.

I've kept them anyway.
Gazza

Postby BlackPaperCrown » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:30 pm

Well, I guess today's result in the USA serves the Americans right for sniggering about our Brexit vote.

On both sides of the pond, we really should stop putting these things to the electorate ...
Time flies but I am not yet old
BlackPaperCrown
Major contributor

Return to Open Discussion